Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Wedding Planning, Date, and some thoughts from me :)

I have been focusing more of my time lately on wedding planning. That being said, we have set a date.

August 29th, 2015. (This day is actually going to be the day before our 6 year anniversary.)

I have had alot of people ask why we decided to not get married this summer. Well, we have lots of reasons. I really wanted to be able to plan the wedding we wanted. No rushing. No last minute changes. We also wanted to take on alot of the financial responsibility ourselves. (Not saying we wont accept help where given!) We just know that at our age, and with me already having been married once before, that it was pretty apparent that this was going to be solely placed on our backs. And lastly, we weren't in a rush to get engaged...so why would we be in a rush to get married?

We have found our venue, we have roughly decided what theme we want, and we have chosen the special few we want to stand by our sides and support us in this decision we have made. I have OFFICIALLY asked my maid of honor, unofficially asked 2 bridesmaids, and waiting til Thursday to ask my final gal to stand there with me. Shavik has already talked to both his best man, and all but one of his groomsmen. It was actually a late decision to have 4 people, that's why we both have yet to do so.

I have come to understand why it takes some people years to plan. There is alot that goes into wedding planning. Its not just about the dress, food, and good time. It's alot of little things. Attire, Decor, Food, Music, Photography, Venue, People... The list is never ending. Sigh...

I feel very grateful about the few great friends I have. I know that when it comes down to the nitty gritty of wedding planning, the late nights, and the long days, they will be there. I feel especially grateful for my two best friends who will stand up there next to me and hold my hand and tell me every single thing I need to hear that day... (and lots of days before that day.)

I cannot wait to get this ball rolling, and especially, to marry my best friend. It took me along time to find him. Boy, am I glad I did find him though!


And on a second note, I am hoping to get more frequent at my blogging. I have been reading some great blogging tips. I plan to expand my Etsy shop and my Scentsy business this way. Good Luck to me (hope I can keep up!)

Thanks!
amy signature

No comments:

Post a Comment