Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Funday Wedding Planning

I have changed my mind about wedding colors, ideas, and pretty much every aspect of that day at least half a dozen times. I am sure that this is pretty typical. BUT I feel like it drives my mom crazy cause I have already sent her swatches of colors I liked, and I am again, changing my mind. It seems I find another color scheme or idea and run with it. But I will say that a month or so ago, I stumbled across a picture of a bride and her bridesmaids, and I fell in love with it. The pastel, country colors of the dresses were perfect. None of them were the same, but put together they were gorgeous. I clicked the picture on Pinterest and it took me to a blog. I then proceeded to fall in love with just about every aspect of the wedding. From the colors, to the groom and groomsmen attire, to the decor and beyond. Here's a peek into this couples wedding day and the ideas that I found from them that I love.









A lot of the ideas for flowers and decor were along the lines of what we were thinking. We want a backyard theme wedding, which we are essentially getting by getting married at our friends dads property. We are planning to have BBQ, and thankfully we know a few people in town who do that pretty darn well so we will look into that. I have just about settled on my photographer and plan to meet with her within the next few weeks to talk photos. And how lucky am I that my maid of honor is a photographer cause she has been so helpful in talking that part of the big day, and she will even help with our engagement pictures. 

Planning has merely just began, but I enjoy every aspect of it, even though it is overwhelming. I get a little more excited to more I get on Pinterest and look and the more I talk to my girlfriends who are in the same boat as me. I am looking forward to my friends weddings coming up this summer as I think it will give me an idea of what I do and don't want.

Anyways, here is a glimpse into the start of my planning. I am looking forward to my mom coming here in the next few weeks as I will be able to start sharing more ideas with her. Here's to another year plus of planning!

CHEERS!
 
amy signature

No comments:

Post a Comment